Every household included in the City’s organized collection program receives a green lid organics cart. Using the cart is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Collect food scraps using a kitchen caddy or any bucket in your kitchen. Line your collection containers with a paper or other compostable bag to help keep your container clean.
- Empty your bagged organics into your cart with the green lid.
- Set out your green lid organics cart on the curb on your trash collection day.
Diverting organic waste from the landfill to composting saves you and the City the city money.
- The city can generate revenue by selling compost to retailers in and out of the state.
- Applying compost to playgrounds and community parks helps to beautify them and keep them healthy.
- Food (fruits, vegetables, dairy products, meat, fish, bones, bread, rice, pasta, nuts, shells)
- Coffee filters and grounds
- Greasy pizza boxes
- Napkins and paper towels
- Yard and garden waste