If you have already purchased Minnesota Registration Stickers or Standard License Plates and for any reason need them replaced, applying for duplicates through our drop box is easy!
If you need duplicate standard plates, you will need to:
- Fill out the Duplicate Plate Application
- Check our Duplicate Plate Application Guide to ensure all necessary fields are completed
- Please Email Us for fee amounts
- Make your check or money order payable to DMV in the amount quoted
- Write your driver’s license and current phone number on your check/money order
- Put your completed Duplicate Plate Application and payment in an envelope
- Place your completed form and payment in one of our drop boxes
- Your replacement tabs and/or plates will be mailed to you
If you need duplicate registration, you will need to:
- Fill out the Duplicate Sticker Application
- Check our Duplicate Sticker Application Guide to ensure all necessary fields are completed
- Make out a check or money order for $12.50 payable to DMV and place in envelope
- Write your driver’s license and current phone number on your check or money order
- Place your Duplicate Sticker Application and payment in an envelope
- Place in one of our drop boxes
- We will mail your tabs to you after processing
How much do they cost?
Typically, the fee for Duplicate Registration Stickers is $12.50.
The fee for (standard) Duplicate Plates is usually $19.00.
If you have specialized license plates such as Critical Habitat, Military plates, Firefighter plates, Personalized plates, etc. Click Here!
Prefer to visit us in person?